121 views
Resolved
3.7

Update by user Aug 21, 2018

After I posted this review on Pissed Consumer and the BBB, they restored my reward points and VIP status without requiring me to make a purchase.

Original review posted by user Aug 19, 2018

Adore Me’s products have always been amazing, but should anything go wrong with an order, their customer service is poor and creates such a frustrating customer experience. I am writing today to share an experience that is so wrong.

I called Adore Me customer service on Friday to process an exchange—I ordered a two piece bathing suit, and they sent me two bottoms instead of a top and a bottom.

Easy enough to fix—that portion of the call seemed to go fine. Twenty minutes after I hung up, I received and email stating I had been unsubscribed from my VIP membership, which meant I lost all of my reward points. I called them back to see what was going on—I’d been a VIP member for 2+ years, and I never requested the membership be canceled. They weren’t able to tell me what happened, but they said there was a link in the unsubscribe email, so click that to restore.

I clicked the link, and it did not restore my membership—it simply took me to a screen that showed me the status of my exchange. I called them a third time to let them know my issue was not resolved. They told me to send a screen shot of the issue and someone would contact me back within 24 hours. No one contacted me, so I called a fourth time today and was told the only way to restore my VIP membership was to *make a purchase*, select “I want VIP membership” at checkout, and then call them and then they would restore all of my points.

To summarize, in order to rectify a mistake I didn’t make and restore the points and rewards I earned, I am required to spend money before they will take action.

This is a disgusting business practice, especially considering that the representative let me know that she still had access to and could see how many points I had earned—she simply couldn’t give them back to me until I spent more money. It’s insulting to a loyal customer who has spent more money than I care to admit with this company over the past few years.

Product or Service Mentioned: Adore Me Vip Membership.

Comments

Hello, Thank you for reviewing us! We are very sorry to hear that the experience you had was less than perfect.

This is not the type of service we want to offer to our customers. We appreciate your feedback and I am going to forward your concern to the most appropriate department, in order to improve our services. Unfortunately, we are unable to identify your account through this application. If you could get back to us and provide your email address or any order number, so we can be able to further investigate and assist you with the most suitable solution in this matter, we would highly appreciate it.

I do apologize that I was not able to help you immediately.

We look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Adore Me help@adoreme.com

@Adore_Me

Thanks for replying, Andrea. I did notice that this is the same response you posted on previous complaints, so I am expecting a follow up reply after I provide you the following info.

I sent an email yesterday to your support desk (help@***.com) from the address associated with my Adore Me account that referenced this review. My last order number with Adore Me was 30499****. The ticket number from your help desk where "Jullie" provided me with the answer that led me here is 134****. Hopefully all of this is enough to have you locate me in your system and get back to me.

Here is the full text of the email: Adore Me - Jullie (Customer Care) Aug 19, 11:49 EDT Hello Carin, Thank you for contacting Adore Me. Please accept my sincere apology regarding your account being Unsubscribe from the VIP Membership. This is definitely not the experience we want you to have with Adore Me as our valued customer. I'm sorry to see that you're in this situation.

No worries! Though we may not have the option to resubscribe your account to be back on VIP Membership for security reason but we will definitely make sure that you will still get your Reward points restored to your account as soon as the account switch back to VIP Membership. All you need to do is to select VIP Membership on the check out page when you place an order. Kindly call us as quickly as possible to restore back your Reward points.

Please let me know if you still have question, I will be more than willing to assist you! Best regards, Adore Me - Jullie

@Carin H

Hello Carin, Thank you for taking your time to reply! We really appreciate your interest in purchasing here at Adore Me and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience this unfortunate occurrence may have caused.

This situation has never been reported to us before, but because we appreciate all feedback received, rest assured that I will forward your feedback to the most appropriate department, in order to eliminate the possibility of reoccurring this issue. Please be certain of the fact that we are always following the feedback we are receiving and we do act on it as soon as possible. Therefore, I have looked into this matter and I was able to find that your VIP account has been re-subscribed on August 20th. Moreover, I am happy to inform you that your 1000 reward points you already had on your VIP account, were added back.

We again apologize for the extended time to a resolution. No worries, we will do everything to make your VIP membership as satisfying as possible. Please let us know if there is anything further we may do to help!

Our customer service is available to answer any questions you may have. Kind regards, Adore Me help@adoreme.com

@Adore_Me

Thank you for resolving my issue in an ethical way. I checked today and saw that my VIP access and rewards points have been restored without me having to make a purchase. That was the right thing to do and I appreciate your attention to this matter.

@Adore_Me

This is the same canned response I've seen them post on other unhappy customer comments. I am hoping that, with the level of detail I have now provided, they will respond more personally.

Adore Me Reviews